Essextec – Senior Software Engineer
Location: Rockville, MD
The position is generally autonomous in their complex solutions delivery for the Market Regulation Application project(s) reports directly to the Director or Delivery Manager. This individual is responsible for contributing technical solutions while providing technical leadership to the other development team members through design & code reviews. The Software Engineer will be responsible for developing high-quality solutions, which exceed the end users expectations for transforming the way they conduct market analytics research. Integrated Audit Trail Redesign is an internally facing application for analysts to query market data for their triage and investigative purposes in support of FINRA’s mission.
Essential Job Functions
- Working with the application architect and developers to create Big Data solutions using Hadoop, Hive, and/or NoSQL (HBase, Red Shift, Cassandra, MongoDB)
- Collaboratively work with development peers through iteration tasks (pair programming, code reviews, etc)
- Create and implement simple, pragmatic designs to solve real problems
- Takes initiative and proactively communicates within and among the team
- Work with the delivery manager to triage and resolve issues that arise from the development team and escalate as necessary to management
- Work directly with the UX Designer, Product Owner, and Deliver Manager to produce actionable user experiences for user validation sessions
- Work with the Delivery Manager to coordinate on architectural decisions
- Participate in planning and estimation exercises with the Delivery Manager and others as necessary
- Automated unit testing to be delivered with all software features
- Thrive in an agile development environment
- Adhere to and support sprint delivery in accordance with the teams’ Definition of Done
- Spend ~90% of capacity thinking in the code
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, related engineering discipline or at least five (5) years of related technical experience
- Experience with Cloud technologies such as Amazon Web Services, ElasticSearch, MongoDB, Accumulo, Hadoop, and MapReduce preferred
- Deep and demonstrate-able knowledge of Java
- Experience with iterative and agile development techniques required – preferably SCRUM
- Personal accountability for delivery on past projects required, with teams size of 5-10
- Practice application of architecture & design patterns to solve real problems (not following a blueprint provided by others)
- Demonstrated ability to develop effective working relationships and leverage those relationships to improve the quality of work products
- Experience with Maven and Ant a plus
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
Ability to thrive in a fast paced, co-located work environment.
Work is generally performed in an office environment. Extended hours may be required.
Find out if you have what it takes to join our team. Apply today.
For more information or to apply directly, reach out to Patricia Sirabella, firstname.lastname@example.org